Keep on using your free member events, meetings, resources, and training
Full details for Accessibility Week’s daily webinars – guest hosted by experts such as Microsoft’s Hector Minto – starting on 15 May coming soon! Hector last spoke with us in 2021 – watch Making our world more inclusive.
You are welcome at President’s Conference! In Brighton, in June.
Do log in to your My Account to double check your membership level. You might have accommodation included. If this still doesn’t make sense, just get in touch and we’ll sort it out.
In the newest episode of Socitm Says, Transforming recruitment and retention report researcher and author SA Mathieson talks to interviewees Matt Lewis and Sam Hall – who offer additional observations to those in the report.
Listen to Matt and Sam
NEW Research: recruitment and retention
Most organisations find it challenging to recruit and retain technology and digital specialists.
“We want 10 years’ experience, but we are offering graduate pay..”
Sam Hall, Director for Digital Health and Care Wales (former CDO for Welsh local government)
Log in to read the whole report. Register to make sure you’ve got a user account.
Read this new report
Registered for your free training in June
The Microsoft and Socitm Change Agent programme is returning in June.
It’s free for the majority of Microsoft Enterprise Agreement public sector customers.
What is the Change Agent Programme for Local Government?
It brings together training on skills to change and technology to transform. You’ll learn about a range of technology and gain an understanding of the skills you need to support change.
Register for the opportunity to learn from industry experts and peers from other local authorities – helping build communities of practice to collaborate.
Check out the details
Training with Socitm
This year, you register for training using points instead of places. Not sure how it works? Send any questions to Dominika Szulim-Wronek.
Your current Leadership Academy Advocate of the Month is Eleri Thomas – from the Isle of Anglesey County Council.
Share your training experience with us – fill in the short Q&A.
Training over the next few months
Tuesday 2 May: Workshop: How to be an effective coach (second workshop on Monday 22 May)
Thursday 4 May: Workshop: Introduction to emotional intelligence
Monday 9 May: Workshop: Valuing diversity
Wednesday 7 June: Programme Change Agent (Manager) ( second day on Friday 16 June)
Monday 19 June: Programme Change Agent (5 days, finishing on Friday 23 June)
Wednesday 28 June: Programme Empowering Women
Once you’ve finished your training don’t forget to claim your CPD points.
Soctim Advisory has recently launched a new range of ‘as a Service’ offerings.
This week we will look at…Testing as a Service
This is designed to help organisations to deliver quality management through quality assurance and quality control. Test management is offered as a bespoke service through the Socitm Testing Mixology model.
Testing as a Service is already being used by councils to:
- Assess quality assurance through health checks and remediation packs that identify gaps and provide recommendations
- Ensure quality management is embedded into the organisation through quality assurance and quality control, planning the appropriate test activities
- Ensure the right governance and controls are put in place
- Give confidence through a robust defect management process
- Mitigate risks by providing guidance and best practice in all test management activities
- Work with you to provide briefings on the test approach, tools, techniques and ‘how’ are we going to test
- Lead test activities throughout the project that includes (but is not limited to):
- Planning and control
- Analysis and design
- Implementation and execution
- Evaluating exit criteria and reporting
- Test closure activities
The Test Manager will work closely with the Release Manager to ensure the control, co-ordination, planning and scheduling of version-controlled release to multiple environments are complete.
Find out more Testing services | Socitm Advisory or contact us at email@example.com
Are you making full use of your membership?
Events from Socitm and partners
- Wednesday 3 May Webinar: How to use change consultancies for max results
- Thursday 4 May Conference AWS IT Disaster Recovery Day [London]
- Wednesday 10 May Webinar: Launching AI-powered phone self-service for residents
- Wednesday 10 to Thursday 11 May Conference: Connecting People and Places
Missed a webinar? Past recordings are available to watch in the resource hub. Also, make sure to check out our regional events. There’s a mix of online and in-person meetings, so please feel free to join any that are outside your area.