We are the society for innovation, technology and modernisation.
Our vision is to be the preferred network for professionals who are shaping and delivering public services.
Our members benefit from being part of a growing community where collaboration is key. We bring people together to share experiences and best practice while learning from each other to the benefit of the public sector as a whole. Established for over 30 years, we continue to challenge convention, inspire change and power progress.
Our focus is on how digital strategy and innovation impacts positively on the lives of service users. We believe that the most positive outcomes can only be achieved through sharing excellence, collaboration and discussion.
- help maximise the effectiveness of ICT and digital in delivering services for public benefit.
- help members to develop professionally and to deliver their organisation’s ICT and digitally-enabled transformation objectives.
- help public service organisations and citizens get maximum value from ICT and digital services
To this end we have identified four main benefit areas to provide services to support our members and their organisations.
- Masterclasses to maintain sector knowledge
- Leadership coaching and mentoring
- Customised training to meet specific organisational need
- Participating in communities of interest
- Sharing good practice, experiences & expertise
- Share Local meetings for sharing of good practice
- Online member directory for connecting with peers
- Collaboration platform
- Conferences for informing and networking
Policy & Influence
- Sector representation
- Engagement with national and influential bodies
- Advice and guidance on latest issues
- Thought leadership
Research & Improvement
- Briefings and reports on latest technology, methods and thinking
- Modular set of tools to get detailed situational awareness and uncover opportunities for improvement
- Advisory practice areas to extend an organisations expertise and capacity
- Continuously look to innovate and shape service design through staying at the forefront of evolution in place-based public services
- Ensure that Socitm remains trusted and independent
- Use the knowledge from our Members to build the services and products that our Members want and will value
- Attract, nurture and develop the very best talent
- Choose our Partners carefully; collaboration is at the heart of our success
- Make sound and well-judged commercial decisions to generate a surplus that can be re-invested in Members services
Our core values
- Treat each other with dignity and respect
- Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we conduct business
- Always provide opportunities for people to develop personally and professionally
- Act with integrity to develop and maintain trust with colleagues, Members and Partners
- Deliver exceptional service at all times