We are the society for innovation, technology and modernisation.
We aim to be the preferred network of leading professionals innovating and modernising public services.
Our members benefit from being part of a growing community where collaboration is key. We bring people together to share experiences and best practice while learning from each other to the benefit of the public sector as a whole. Established for over 30 years, we continue to challenge convention, inspire change and power progress.
Simplify, standardise, share, sustain
Our focus is on how technologies and data can be harnessed to:
- reset the collective mindset to ensure adherence to ethical principles, respecting social foundations and ecological constraints locally and globally
- reform public services by embracing innovation and modernisation
- renew communities by collaborating across place and encouraging self-sufficiency in ways that enable them to thrive
- enable better, inclusive outcomes for the diverse people and places throughout the UK.
- help maximise the effective use of technologies and data in delivering services and improved outcomes for public benefit
- help members develop professionally, share best practice and deliver their organisation’s technology and data-enabled transformation objectives
- provide a range of resources and services to help public service organisations and communities deploy technologies and data for public value.
- Deliver effective place-based public services through innovating and shaping service design
- Ensure that Socitm remains trusted and independen
- Use the knowledge from our Members to build the services and products that our Members want and value
- Attract, nurture and develop the very best talent
- Collaboration is at the heart of our success
- Make sound and well-judged decisions to generate a surplus that can be re-invested in Members services
Our core values
- Treat each other with dignity and respect
- Embrace diversity as an essential component in the way we conduct business
- Provide opportunities for people to develop personally and professionally
- Act with integrity to develop and maintain trust with colleagues, Members and Partners
- Deliver exceptional service at all times