This free programme is a collaboration between Microsoft and Socitm.
Delegates will learn about a range of technology and gain an understanding of the skills they need to support change. Those taking part in the Change Agent programme will have the opportunity to learn from industry experts and staff from other local authorities, helping build communities of practice to collaborate.
As a sector and with the correct framework, we could realistically reach a point where one person’s great idea could be the catalyst for UK wide service transformation. Helping to improve the lives of people across the country.
Everyone who takes part in this programme will be focused on implementing change with technology across public services.
Duration: Five days
Sectors: All local public service providers
Career level: This programme is aimed at staff or lower managers, a specific manager version is also available.
Certification: Pending approval
In-person or virtual: Virtual
This programme is spread over one week.
The programme will be held virtually on Teams. Tech support is available to anyone that needs it ahead of the session.
Further resources and opportunities to engage in the programme and with other councils will be available beyond the initial week’s training.
Day 1: Skills to change
Learn a range of skills from expert tutors at Socitm on how to understand, introduce, manage, and lead change.
An introduction to:
- Learning styles
- Growth mindset
- The human side of change
- Change management
- Design thinking
Day 2: Productivity and communication
Understand the opportunities with Teams and SharePoint.
- Microsoft Teams, including apps and services
- SharePoint, including compliance features
- Sharing a range of apps and services that can support transformation
Day 3: Apps and automation
Introducing the Power Platform and opportunities of automation with:
- Power Platform
- Power Automate
Day 4: Tech to transform
Look to the future, learn new features, or get to grips with the basics of a range of products to support your digital transformation:
- Power BI
- Art of the possible
Day 5: Time to Change
Learn how to apply some of your new skills in a practical way. This session will also introduce you to further resources and support:
- Agile introduction
- Requirements gathering
- Further training opportunities
- Introduction to Socitm services
- Introduction to dedicated communities of practice
Benefits for the individual
As a change agent you will:
- Learn skills that to make your service more efficient and sustainable
- Develop technical abilities to help yourself and your service
- Learn how to get the most from your data assets
- Gain an understanding of the opportunities to automate processes
- Become more aware of the technology available to you and your colleagues to save time, remain compliant and support colleagues and residents
- Join a community of Change Agent in similar roles from across the UK
- Gain skills that will support you throughout your career
Benefits for the organisation
- is designed to work alongside existing change efforts, with some authorities planning to use this as their main catalyst for change.
- provides a foundation, even intermediate understanding, of a range of tools that authorities are deploying or already benefiting from, such as SharePoint, Teams and the Power Platform – including Power BI. The work compliments your implementations and your facilitators can localise the change.
- will add the most value if you have facilitators, managers and end-users on the programme.
We are looking or people who:
- Are curious and enjoy learning
- Want to help their service be more sustainable
- Enjoy helping others
- Recognise technology as an enabler to change
- Are supported by their manager to take part in the programme (as it’ll help your service with technology)
- Enjoy problem solving
You don’t need to be particularly technical. A basic level of ability is helpful – or a keenness to learn!
A commitment to the whole programme is mandatory. Participants must have good communication skills and be willing to contribute with enthusiasm and energy.