This programme is spread over one week.
The programme will be held virtually on Teams. Tech support is available to anyone that needs it ahead of the session.
Further resources and opportunities to engage in the programme and with other councils will be available beyond the initial week’s training.
Day 1: Skills to change
Learn a range of skills from expert tutors at Socitm on how to understand, introduce, manage, and lead change.
An introduction to:
- Learning styles
- Growth mindset
- The human side of change
- Change management
- Design thinking
Day 2: Productivity and communication
Understand the opportunities with Teams and SharePoint.
- Microsoft Teams, including apps and services
- SharePoint, including compliance features
- Sharing a range of apps and services that can support transformation
Day 3: Apps and automation
Introducing the Power Platform and opportunities of automation with:
- Power Platform
- Power Automate
Day 4: Tech to transform
Look to the future, learn new features, or get to grips with the basics of a range of products to support your digital transformation:
- Power BI
- Art of the possible
Day 5: Time to Change
Learn how to apply some of your new skills in a practical way. This session will also introduce you to further resources and support:
- Agile introduction
- Requirements gathering
- Further training opportunities
- Introduction to Socitm services
- Introduction to dedicated communities of practice
Benefits for the individual
As a change agent you will:
- Learn skills that to make your service more efficient and sustainable
- Develop technical abilities to help yourself and your service
- Learn how to get the most from your data assets
- Gain an understanding of the opportunities to automate processes
- Become more aware of the technology available to you and your colleagues to save time, remain compliant and support colleagues and residents
- Join a community of Change Agent in similar roles from across the UK
- Gain skills that will support you throughout your career
Benefits for the organisation
- is designed to work alongside existing change efforts, with some authorities planning to use this as their main catalyst for change.
- provides a foundation, even intermediate understanding, of a range of tools that authorities are deploying or already benefiting from, such as SharePoint, Teams and the Power Platform – including Power BI. The work compliments your implementations and your facilitators can localise the change.
- will add the most value if you have facilitators, managers and end-users on the programme.