The programme will be held virtually on Teams. Tech support is available to anyone that needs it ahead of the session.
Further resources and opportunities to engage in the programme and with other councils will be available beyond the initial training.
Day 1 – Skills to change
Learn a range of skills from expert tutors at Socitm on how to understand, introduce, manage, and lead change.
An introduction to:
- The Change Agent programme
- Learning styles
- Growth mindset
- The human side of change
- Change management
- Design thinking
Day 2 – Productivity tools & tech
Choose from a range of instructor led courses on topics that will help you and your colleagues get the most from the technology you have.
- Introduction to Agile
- Opportunities to change with tech, demonstrating automation and transformation technology from Microsoft
- Examples of change with tech
- Introduction to further training opportunities
- Introduction to Communities of Practice
Benefits for the organisation
- is designed to work alongside existing change efforts, with some authorities planning to use this as their main catalyst for change
- provides a foundation, even intermediate understanding, of a range of tools that authorities are deploying or already benefiting from, such as SharePoint, Teams, and the Power Platform – including Power BI. The work compliments your implementations, and your facilitators can localise the change
- will add the most value if you have facilitators, managers, and end-users on the programme.