With your free member events, meetings, resources, and training
Free digital transformation training is back in the calendar
The Microsoft and Socitm Change Agent programme is returning in June.
Here’s what you can sign up for:
Change Agent Manger Programme (2 days) on Wednesday 7 and Friday 16 June
Change Agent Programme (5 days) on Monday 19 to Friday 23 June
- You don’t need to use any Learning Academy points for this training.
- There is no charge for you or non-members.
- It’s free for the majority of Microsoft Enterprise Agreement public sector customers.
Sign up to join us and let us know if you have a question(s).
Croeso nôl i Cymru
The President’s Conference agenda was published last week. But before we meet you in Brighton, there’s a meeting in Cardiff on Tuesday 25 April.
To really get to grips with transforming and supporting your communities, get the clarity you need by hearing from people in person. Talk to them and each other and make the connections you need.
Tickets to join are included in your membership. Register your interest and make your way to Cardiff.
Two podcast recommendations
- Our very own Socitm Says is now live and is an interview with Digital Trends researcher, author and former Socitm President Jos Creese. Listen, wherever you get your podcasts. As long as that’s Spotify or Apple Podcasts or socitm.net 🙂
- This might be one of the first podcast interviews with AI – Dr. Alan Shark in conversation with Alexa and ChatGPT. Headphones v. much recommended, or simply listen in a room without smart speaker.
Webinar catch-up marathon
Plenty of webinar recordings to watch since the last newsletter
- Powering a sustainable future with hybrid cloud Hosted by Phoenix Software with guests from Defra, Dell and Microsoft.
- AbilityNet’s gap analysis taster: How to build a disability inclusive workplace
- Mentoring: Aidan Matthews in conversation with Zoe Lewis
- And this week’s webinar packed in plenty to about 40 minutes!
AWS and Swindon Council working together on open source solutions
Watch back for the contact info so you can apply for funding to use a solution from the solutions catalogue.
This year, you register for training using points instead of places. Not sure how it works? Send any questions to Dominika Szulim-Wronek.
Your Leadership Academy Advocate of the Month is Alexandra Murphy.
Share your training experience with other members – fill in the short Q&A.
Recruitment and retention issues? You can make a personal contribution through mentoring. As a mentor or mentee, you can impact someone else in such a direct way. Exactly how, will only become clear once you’re doing it.
Register your interest. The training team is matching up potential mentors and mentees right now.
Training over the next few months
Starting on Thursday 27 and Friday 28 April: Empowering Women (London – final session will be in Brighton at Presidents’ Conference in June)
Tuesday 2 May: How to be an effective coach (second workshop on Monday 22 May)
Thursday 4 May: Introduction to emotional intelligence
Monday 9 May: Valuing diversity
Wednesday 7 June: Change Agent (Manager) ( second day on Friday 16 June)
Monday 19 June: Change Agent
Once you’ve finished your training don’t forget to claim your CPD points.
Create and join in a Design Lab at President’s Conference in June
In a recent survey the biggest service design challenge was:
Having the right resources, skills and capability in your organisation.
You are invited to join virtual design labs on:
- Tuesday 25 April (09.30 to 11.30) to explore this service design challenge
- Thursday 11-May (13.30 to 15.30) to explore the solutions
Please email their service design expert Alex Fillingham before Friday 7 April if you would like to take part.
Are you making full use of your membership?
Events from Socitm and partners
- Webinar Wednesday 5 April New approach to Microsoft technology delivers rapid value
- Webinar Thursday 6 April Tap, Swipe, Hear: Silktide’s Guide to Mobile Accessibility and Screen Readers
- Webinar Wednesday 19 April Meet Netcall
- Webinar Friday 21 April Meet Hassell Inclusion
- In-person conference Tuesday 25 April Regeneration, sustainability and connectivity 2023
- Webinar Wednesday 26 April Unleashing the power of IoT for real social care transformation
Missed a webinar? Past recordings are available to watch in the resource hub. Also, make sure to check out our regional events. There’s a mix of online and in-person meetings, so please feel free to join any that are outside your area.
DigiGov 2023 | 23 May | QEII Centre, London
Join the 10th annual DigiGov Conference. Hear from Socitm CEO, Nadira Hussain; CDIO at the Cabinet Office, Mike Hill; and Head of Digital and Transformation at Woking Borough Council, Adam Walther.
Register now and network with leading public sector tech professionals.
Thank you for reading (or scrolling) this far! Just one more thing…
And it’s another podcast, in a newsletter full of podcasts. But work from home or in an office you will enjoy, and might have experienced something similar, Tim Harford’s Cautionary Tales: Office Hell: The demise of the playful workspace