Get everything you can from your membership
Your events, training and resources
The complete quote that I’ve picked a bit from in the email subject is this:
Another great piece of work from Socitm which I’m sure many from the sector will be digesting this week! It’s a challenging time for public sector, but there is still unwavering ambition to utilise digital technology to thrive…
Shared by Sarah Bennett, Director of Customer and Data Insight at Brentwood Borough and Rochford District councils on LinkedIn
And it’s all about the 7th annual digital public sector trends 2024 report.
There’s plenty to find when you start browsing the report. You can get the super-top level overview first from the infographic and summary.
For the final January newsletter I’m sticking with my essential tips (they will come in handy) about the first things to do to build the best and most of your membership.
I’ll move on to something else in February. Maybe.
- Create your user account on socitm.net
- Add email@example.com to your Outlook safe senders list.
Your Resource Hub
Just published: 2024’s Public Sector Digital and Technology Trends
The challenge for public service organisations in 2024 is managing growing demands and leading the momentum of digital opportunities – culture, technologies and data – ensuring no one and no place gets left behind.
You might have missed…
Listen to episode 5 of the Socitm Says podcast
Kurt Frary (Socitm VP and CTO at Norfolk) and LOTI’s Sam Nutt share different aspects of utilising generative AI, ranging from data management and ethical considerations to the potential benefits and drawbacks.
Socitm in 2023
See how much we all managed to pack in.
You will need a user account on socitm.net to access member-only resources. Let us know if need any support.
Service design and transformation
09.30 to 16.30 on Wednesday 28 February in Sheffield
Who’s using your services? And how? For the parent who’s out of mobile data for the month and the pensioner who doesn’t have a mobile phone let alone a smart one, how can they get stuff done?
It’s a challenging time to be bold with redesigning services but it is the only response if we are to improve outcomes for people and place.
The first keynote speaker is Chief Exec Tom Riordan from Leeds. Hear what’s on his to do, in progress, and done lists. Are our done lists ever really done?
National conference days are member-only events.
January’s and February’s CPD certified workshops
- Tuesday 30 January Equality, Diversity and Inclusion| 1 point
- Thursday 1 and Monday 26 February: How to be an effective coach | 1 point
2024’s first Microsoft Change Agent starts in February (6 days over 6 weeks)
- Thursday 22 February: Change Agent Reflector | Teams | 0 points
February’s CPD-certified in-person programme
- Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 February: Top Talent | London | 4 points
NEW in-person leadership programme
- Monday 4 and Tuesday 5 March: Place-Based Leadership | London | 4 points
Training places are included in your organisational membership – subject to availability and membership level. If you have any questions or would like further information, please email the training team.
Meet people for catching-up, problem sharing (and solving) and great networking.
- Thursday 1 February: in-person meeting for Northern Ireland (Belfast)
- Friday 2 February: virtual meeting for Scotland (on Teams)
- Wednesday 28 February: in-person conference day on service design and transformation (Sheffield)
Free webinars (from Socitm and our partners)
- Wednesday 7 February
- Wednesday 14 February: Revolutionising social care with AI
- Thursday 22 February: Role of AI and Data: Leveraging technology while reducing costs
Missed a webinar? Past recordings are available to watch in the resource hub.
Webinars are open to anyone in the public sector, membership is not necessary, so please do share them with your network.
Come and say hello
- Wednesday 28 February: HETT North 2024 (Manchester)
Join Institute Director Sam Smith for a fireside chat with Mark Nicholas from NHS England: what does the future of digital look like in social care?
- Wednesday 8 and Thursday 9 May: DigiGov Expo (London)
Join Nadira Hussain, Mark Lumley and Sam Smith on day 1
Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 June in Birmingham
We left Brighton last year reinvigorated. What will you get from Birmingham this year? Reinvigoration in 2024 is still required. Over one and a half days (and one evening) of the serious and celebratory you will be supported and inspired by your Socitm local government colleagues.
AI and Data: leveraging technology while reducing costs
11:00 to 12:00 on Thursday 22 February
AI is bridging the gap between citizens and their government by creating better communication. Join Kerv and Genesys experts to discuss the following:
- Enhancing citizen experience with AI: how a self-serve strategy can save money while allowing you to handle bigger volumes of interactions.
- Using AI in data analysis and decision making.
- How you can leverage and implement the right technology efficiently and stay within budget.
- Data governance and privacy: ensuring compliance with the use of data across all digital channels and systems.
Thank you for reading (or scrolling) this far! Just one more thing…
As next month’s service design conference day is getting closer, you might like this blog post from the Essex Service Transformation team: My first six months as a Junior User Researcher
It’s got service design and remote working 🙂