Using your free events, meetings, resources, and training?
Change agents return
Free digital transformation training with Microsoft is back this month:
Wednesday 27 to Thursday 28 September: Change Agent: Managers
And is free for the majority of local government Microsoft Enterprise Agreement customers. It’s not really for ICT teams. It’s everyone else instead. So share and enjoy with colleagues across your services. You also do not have to be a Socitm member to register and take part.
Talking through using AI
Get to grips with using AI in service delivery when you come to Birmingham on Thursday 5 October. If you joined the workshops during President’s Conference you’ll know what to expect – a safe space with knowledgeable people, working through wicked problems in a practical way.
Hope you did put the date of Thursday 7 December into your calendar. Chief executive of Wigan Council Alison McKenzie-Folan will be joining us in Manchester. Do not miss this opportunity to hear her, she’s fantastic.
The last time she was able to speak with us was online during the pandemic. We’re really looking forward to welcoming her again.
And don’t forget the online coffee catch-up at 1pm on Thursday 12 October. Warwick’s Tass Smith will take a little bit of time to talk through re-designing their noise nuisance service.
Read the original blog to prepare questions and discussion points.
Catch up with those AI webinars you missed
Recap (or discover) AI-themed webinars from the past seven days. Watching the WHOLE thing is recommended! But if you must (and you’re pressed for time, we get that) here are a few (approx. timings for) highlights:
Are You Ready for AI? Hosted by SoftwareOne
04:35 The Era of AI is Here
13:42 Behind the Hype
20:15 Data and AI Maturity
29:55 Potential Analytics and AI Use Cases in the Public Sector
33:15 Weaving an Intelligent Data and AI Fabric
39:09 Microsoft Copilot Advisory
AI in Action: Derby’s Success with Phone-Base AI. Hosted by ICS AI
02:04: Phone AI for councils. Success stories from Lewes, Eastbourne and Derby
28:11 Smart, conversational AI and the phone channel
For each completed feedback form they receive ICS will make a donation to Derby Food 4 Thought Alliance and The Jericho Society. Thank you ????
Verantwoord gebruik van generatieve artificiële intelligentie – grote taalmodellen.
The handy DOs and DON’Ts of GenAI usage have been translated into Dutch.
Socitm’s partner organisation V-ICT-OR published their version this week.
Read and download the original 🙂 Dos and don’ts: a useful list when using gen AI
CPD certified training with Socitm
Your most recent Leadership Advocate is Graeme Murrell – a Top Talent graduate. The confidence, enthusiasm and empowerment the programme gave him, is expressed throughout his Q&A. He will also be your co-host for our catch-up in Manchester in December 🙂
Share your training experience – fill in the short Q&A.
- Thursday 21 and Friday 22 September Place-based leadership FULLY BOOKED (waiting list only)
- Wednesday 27 and Thursday 28 September Change Agent: Manager FREE training with Microsoft
- Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 October: Empowering Women ONLY 2 PLACES AVAILABLE
- Tuesdays 10 and 31 October: Managing and Motivating Remote Teams
- Thursday 12 October: Alumni coffee hour
- Monday 16 October Workshop: Valuing Diversity
Training places are included in Socitm membership – subject to availability and membership level. If you have any questions or would like further information, please let us know.
Once you’ve finished your training don’t forget to claim your CPD points.
From foundation to innovation
In our latest SociTalks podcast Senior Consultant Baeda Jaralla speaks to Lambeth’s Jason Martin about the project, their future plans and the benefits of working with an external transformation consultancy.
Listen now on Spotify.
Are you making full use of your membership?
Norfolk continues to transform
- £3.85 million financial savings over 5 years from digital transformation projects
- 25m to 6m p.a. reduction in print volumes
- £450k storage savings
Find out how Norfolk County Council is using several of Canon’s hardware and software solutions to drastically reduce reliance on paper, whilst advancing print capabilities for important documents, through its impressive new Digital Transformation Services facility.
View case study
Events from Socitm and partners
Next week or so…
- Monday 18 September Local meeting: Scotland
- Tuesday 19 September Local meeting: East [Huntingdon]
- Tuesday 19 September Local meeting: Northern Ireland [Belfast]
- Wednesday 20 September How can you use mobile apps to provide a better experience?
- Thursday 21 September: Salesforce & AWS: Addressing the Digital Imperative for Scottish Public Sector (Edinburgh)
- Friday 22 September Local meeting: North West [Lancaster]
- Friday 22 September Doing accessibility right
- Tuesday 26 September: Roundtable: AI and local government
- Wednesday 27 September Future Councils Roundtable [Leeds]
- Thursday 28 September Future Councils Roundtable [Leicester]
Missed a webinar? Past recordings are available to watch in the resource hub. Also, make sure to check out our regional events. There’s a mix of online and in-person meetings, so please feel free to join any that are outside your area.
Thank you for reading (or scrolling) this far! Just one more thing…
Bristol Digital: Missed bins discovery – next steps
Insights from their discovery to understand user needs and pain points, validate assumptions and inform design ideation for our service to report a missed bin collection.