With Socitm’s annual conference running over five days, this issue of In Our View takes the form of five newsletters appearing daily during the President’s Week. Martin Ferguson, director of policy and research at Socitm, discusses ethical use of emerging technologies and data, with a discussion of digital ethics by William Barker, the society’s associate director and practice lead on the topic.
Read what happened during the rest of the week:
- Day 1: Leadership, diversity and skills with 2019-20 President Sandra Taylor
- Day 2: Healthy and well communities, with 2020-21 President Sam Smith
- Day 3: Ethical use of emerging technologies and data, with Director Martin Ferguson
- Day 4: Modernising ICT service and delivery, with VP Alison Hughes
- Day 5: Service design and transformation, with Director Nadira Hussain