Modern leadership: Appendix (6/6)
The real story of modern leadership, as recounted by the Socitm community, is one of evolution and growth. In this guide, we’ll hear and learn from leaders who applaud authenticity, who commend collaboration, who salute self-reflection. Above all, we’ll discover individual tales of inspiration and innovation: experiences and aims that are leading the way for true transformation.
Why you should read this:
- You will learn how leadership is changing, and what that means for you.
- Discover insights from a diverse range of people who work in and with public sector organisations – and how they are developing their own leadership for the good of their teams, their organisations and the people they serve.
- You’ll see how others have fostered leadership in their colleagues, learning how you could do the same.
- You’ll find a sense of camaraderie in facing common challenges, with new ways to approach them.
- The importance of authenticity and transparency: two key traits of leadership that emerge in all of our case studies.
- Trust and why it is crucial within the teams you lead: How to develop it, how to maintain it, and how to prosper from it.
- The journey to being a great leader: practical ways you can develop your own leadership qualities, along with the value of mentoring and coaching.
- Personal experiences and statistical findings about leadership – a useful mix of individual stories and thoughts, with our unique leadership survey data.
Other publications in this series: