Your Socitm Membership events, training and resources
Earlier this week we announced our new partnership with Impera Analytics.
If you were at the Cardiff conference day in April, you will remember the (excellent) presentation from Pye Nyunt 🙂
Data, data analysis and using the stories from your data to inform targeted activity is crucial. More details of how this will power your decision making will be released in January 2024.
You might also remember Pye Nyunt from this 2019 report:
Barking and Dagenham – Using data and technology to improve people’s lives
Registration is open for your coffee hour next month.
The agenda, at 1pm on Thursday 12 October opens with alumna Tass Smith. She will talk with you about re-designing Warwick’s noise nuisance service. Read her blog to prepare questions and discussion points.
Do make sure that Thursday 7 December is in your calendar as well. Chief executive of Wigan Council Alison McKenzie-Folan will be joining us in Manchester. Do not miss this opportunity to hear her, she’s fantastic.
AI gets everywhere, even Birmingham
We are all thinking about AI.
There were over 425 registrations for Wednesday’s AI-themed webinar (recording below). But next week we can all talk about AI together. We’ll be in Birmingham on Thursday 5 October for a day dedicated to service delivery. AI is making its presence felt in our discussions and on the agenda.
Some AI-related best bits:
- Establishing the right culture to support innovation (and AI)
- On which service areas will technology have the biggest impact?
- Art of the possible: Getting started on your AI adoption journey
- AI-powered service management for seamless automation and enhanced UX
Exploring AI, ChatGPT and Microsoft Copilot
A lot was covered, and in the recording below there are some chapters, if you want to navigate or jump to one part in particular.
A couple of standout phrases/thoughts from the slides and speech:
- One AI pillar is to amplify human ingenuity with a copilot for everyone
- AI will reinvent every industry
03:33 Power your AI transformation with Microsoft Cloud
10:33 A Copilot for every Microsoft cloud experience
17:37 Building your own intelligent apps
25:10 Data is the fuel that powers AI – Microsoft Fabric
27:07 Microsoft’s responsible AI principles
30:22 Copilot copyright commitment
33:23 6 step journey to AI transformation
38:39 Public sector use cases
47:08 How you can get started today
48:23 Final word and Q&A
- Monday 2 and Tuesday 3 October: Empowering Women (CPD certified) [Manchester]
A cancellation has made 1 space available. Let us know if you can make it.
- Tuesday 10 and 31 October: Managing and Motivating Remote Teams (CPD certified)
- Thursday 12 October Alumni Coffee Hour
- Monday 16 October Diversity, Equality and Inclusion (CPD certified)
- Thursdays 2 and 16 November: How to be an effective coach (CPD certified)
- Tuesday 7 November Introduction to Emotional Intelligence (CPD certified)
Training places are included in your organisation’s membership – subject to availability and membership level. If you have any questions or would like further information, please email Sara Razon.
On completion of training, don’t forget to claim your CPD points.
Browse all training
Is your organisation looking to begin an ERP programme?
Make sure you know the key considerations (for a successful implementation) and the 3 main causes of delays (plus their impacts and possible mitigations).
Are you making full use of your membership?
As part of your membership you can receive between 2 and 12 hours of FREE consultancy advice per year. To make use of your inclusive consultancy hours, get in touch or log in to My Account.
Visit Socitm Advisory
Tech tools for dyslexia
Join AbilityNet during Dyslexia Awareness Week on Tuesday 3 October at 1pm BST to learn from people with lived experience of dyslexia with their recommendations for tech that can help at work, in education and at home!
- Evaluate a range of ‘Dyslexia Simulators’
- Share guidance about apps and adjustments
- Be joined by guest speakers from the British Dyslexia Association
Events from Socitm and our partners
Meet up with your Socitm colleagues for great networking opportunities.
Next week or so…
- Wednesday 4 October Webinar: The 10 habits of resilient people
- Thursday 5 October Modernising Service Delivery conference day Birmingham
- Friday 6 October Local meeting: South West region [Exeter]
- Wednesday 11 October Future Councils Roundtable [London]
- Wednesday 11 October Webinar: Keeping your IT policies fit for purpose
- Tuesday 17 October Future Councils Roundtable [Exeter]
- Wednesday 18 October Local Digital Evaluation Survey – explainer session
- Wednesday 18 October Webinar: Responsible AI for modern enterprises
- Friday 20 October Webinar: AI Unleashed: The Data Control Blueprint
Missed a webinar? Past recordings are available to watch in the resource hub. Also, make sure to check out our regional events. There’s a mix of online and in-person meetings, so please feel free to join any that are outside your area.
Browse all events
Think about sharing your website journey
Call for speakers
Share your website redesign work in the first annual LocalGov Drupal week.
Monday 13 to Friday 17 November 2023
In a week of virtual sessions, there will be best practice, code and experiences, all focusing on doing more with less.
Submit your session
Can we be secure and greener?
Give your device a second life
In last week’s East region local meeting IGEL’s Simon Townsend about secure and sustainable hybrid work.
While you’re thinking about sustainability, take this opportunity to revisit (or discover) more about net zero and companies such as IGEL, Px3 and Sun Screen IT who are doing something about it.
Read about the scale of e-waste
Thank you for reading (or scrolling) this far! Just one more thing…
And in-depth (but short) look into which city has more canals, Birmingham or Venice! Once again, thank you BBC Radio 4’s More or Less for doing the math. And also defining a ‘canal’….