This programme is spread over approximately six weeks.
The programme comprises a series of three one-day workshops, coaching, mentoring and group project work over three months, facilitated by expert leadership coaches and trainers.
Leaders who have undertaken the Empowering Women programme have the chance to share their thinking and learning together. Members actively contribute to the alumni network through sharing and presenting their work, participating in learning opportunities and supporting colleagues who are participating in the programme.
Part one (day one) – Discovering yourself. Covering a range of topics including recognising the importance of people; building honest relationships; developing a more productive dialog with yourself; and defining your value proposition.
Part two (day two) – Thinking of others. Focusing on a range of topics including creating a group of acquaintances and associates; effective communication; developing your objectivity and reducing your subjective behaviour; and using office politics positively.
Part three – One-to-one coaching session. Following the workshop you will have a session with an experienced coach on a challenge or goal of your choice, with particular emphasis on what is important for you and your future.
Part four (day three) – Final group session at one of our conferences. Your group will review what was learnt during the previous workshop and coaching sessions, before agreeing and planning the best way to take things forward.
Part five – Graduation ceremony. Join other Leadership Academy graduates one of our conferences as your spectacular efforts are recognised.
Benefits for the individual
- Encouragement to look within themselves for the right leadership style, rather than comparing them to others
- Increased awareness of themselves and their abilities
- The authority, capacity and motivation to implement change
Benefits for the organisation
- Increasing the number of leaders in the talent pipeline for better succession planning
- Participants will become ambassadors and role models, inspiring others to improve performance
- An improved culture of trust and collaboration in team