Website performance service (WPS)
The Website performance service (WPS) has been developed to help local authorities understand more about the numbers and profile of their website visitors, what services they are looking to use, whether the site enables them to do what they set out to do, and how the website's performance compares with those of other, similar councils. Specifically, the service answers these questions:
- How successful is your website at dealing with customer enquiries?
- What level of 'avoidable contact' is generated when web enquiries fail?
- Which of your services perform best (or worst) online?
- How well does your site perform on mobile devices?
- Benchmarking against other participating local authorities
- Supports Better Connected results
- Private Knowledge Hub group for peer support
There is a registration fee for the first year of £375
Prices shown below are exclusive of VAT.
|Corporate members||One or more members||All others|
|Shire district councils||£912.00||£960.00||£1344.00|
- Monthly qualitative and quantitative data downloads. Includes survey submissions from all subscribers.
- Survey code to be placed on the webpages of your choice.
Please contact the Socitm office to place an order:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 01604 709456
Find out more
The service is designed to present itself after a random number of page impressions (approximately 1 in 4). The survey process is arranged so that once users have been invited to participate, whether they accept or not, they will not be invited again until the following year.
When the survey presents itself a tab will pop up from the bottom of the screen inviting the user to participate in the survey by clicking on a ‘feedback’ tab when they are ready.
If the user chooses not to participate in the survey then the tab closes allowing the user to continue with their visit without further interruption.
If the user agrees to participate then the initial tab closes and then a smaller tab, the ‘feedback’ tab, appears on each page they visit approximately 3 seconds after the page renders. When the user clicks on this tab then the survey will launch in a modal window. This window may be closed at any time by clicking on the ‘X’ in the top left corner.
They may move forward and backward through the survey using the ‘back’ and ‘next’ buttons provided. The size of the text on the survey pages can be adjusted using the ‘A-‘ and ‘A+’ options at the top right of the screen.