Senior Leaders leadership course
Benefits for the individual
- The ability to communicate what ‘good looks like’ to the right people, in the right way
- The knowledge to develop and implement a plan to help change the culture in your organisation
- A platform for sharing experiences with others and the opportunity to reach out after the workshop
Benefits for the organisation
- Senior-level peers will recognise the essential implications of digital transformation
- Understanding the benefits of adopting a collaborative and inclusive approach to leading business change centred around ICT
- Building better collaboration between senior leaders
This is a practical workshop where we will share relevant insights and discuss the implications in your context.
We use case studies based on real examples and we will draw on the wisdom in the room.
You will participate in an interactive exercise that highlights various organisational perspectives.
The topics we will link into include:
- Influencing and negotiation skills
- Stakeholder management
- Driving cultural change; working together to achieve transformation
- Collaborative leadership
- Communication preferences
- Communicating business outcomes and risk
- Managing change effectively
- Responsibility assignment (RACI)
- Prioritisation of work programmes to deliver results
During the workshop, you will use a stakeholder management toolkit.
Leaders who undertake a Senior Leaders course have the chance to share their thinking and learning together. Members will have the opportunity to actively contribute to the alumni network through sharing and presenting their work, participating in learning opportunities and supporting colleagues who are participating in the workshop.
For more information, download the course brochure
Fill in the details below to download your copy.
We encourage delegates from senior digital/ICT managers and leaders across public services. All are key to service transformation including finance, planning, programme management, customer account management, social services, ICT, digital, HR etc. We assume participants on the programme will:
- Be in a senior digital/ICT management and/or leadership role
- Be motivated and ambitious to succeed as a strategic leader of change
- Be curious and open to learn
- Be seeking principles and guidance to act strategically
- Be willing to contribute to group discussions
Participants must have good communication skills and be willing to contribute with enthusiasm and energy.
The programme is designed to minimise travel costs and time away from the office. Course materials are included. Travel and any accommodation required is the participant’s responsibility.
The course attendees will be invited to attend our President’s Conference to take part in a graduation ceremony during the evening dinner.
Interested in attending this course?
As part of our commitment to transforming public sector service delivery, Socitm membership includes complimentary places on our leadership programmes. Depending on your package, at least one team member can benefit from this course, supporting your organisation through developing their confidence and skills.
Subject to availability, non-members can be part of our Senior Leaders cohort. When our partner organisations invest in the professional development of their people, they enrol them in our Leadership Academy. Add value to your organisation by enriching your people.
The price excludes costs of travel and accommodation. Lunch and refreshments will be provided.
This is a one-day course.
It became a genuine life changing experience….. During the course I came to understand some beliefs I had that were holding me back such as my own independence which meant I viewed asking for help as a sign of weakness.
Really liked the “tag team” approach of Penny and Steve, it broke up the day nicely and they played to their strengths. I feel really positive and empowered. Thank you! My tools feel well and truly sharpened!